Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
Should there be any aspect of the service with which you are unhappy, please raise your concern in the first instance with the person dealing with the claim. If your concern is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the client care liaison – Robin Torr who is our Client Care Liaison at Pilgrim Hope Solicitors. Please either write to Mr Torr at Pilgrim Hope Solicitors, Suite 102, The Standish Centre, Standish, Wigan,
WN6 0HQ or email him – email@example.com
What will happen next?
- If a complaint is sent to Mr Torr, we will send you a written communication acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any additional details that may be needed. You can expect to receive our acknowledgment within 3 working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will, as soon as we receive your complaint, record it in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will then start to Investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Robin Torr discussing the matter with any persons involved in the complaint and examining all relevant files.
- We will either write to you with a full written response to your complaint or invite you to meet Robin Torr to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to send a written response or meet with you in this way no longer than 21 days after first receiving your complaint.
- Within 3 days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate case we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange a review of our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- Robin Torr will review his own decision
- We will arrange for another firm to review your complaint
- We will let you know the result of the review within 7 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you, confirming our final position on your complaint and explain our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact The Legal Ombudsman about your complaint.
Postal address: at PO Box 165870 Birmingham, B30 9EB.
Telephone 0300 555 0333 between the hours of 8:30 and 5:30.
Website address: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
We very much hope that this will not be necessary.
- If we have to change any of the timescales set out above, we will let you know and explain why.
Complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Complaints (such as reporting a solicitor’s behaviour) may also be made directly to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). See www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page for more details.